- 50g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 125ml milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 150g stir fry frozen vegetables
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 50g chicken, cut in small strips
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Mix flour, egg and milk together and whisk to a smooth consistency. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Pour in half the pancake mixture. Cook for 1 minute until it thickens then slide a spatula under the pancake, lift and then flip. Cook on the other side for another minute until golden. Set aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Stir-fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes to ensure it is cooked thoroughly, add the vegetables for another 2-3 minutes
- Take off the heat and add sweet chilli sauce.
- Split the stir-fried mixture between the pancakes, add the avocado and fold the pancakes up into triangles.
Make sure the pancake mix rests to ensure the best outcome for your pancakes; a minimum of 20 minutes is perfect.
Use up leftovers
Any leftover chicken would be great to use up in this dish.
There are so many adaptions you can make to this recipe, such as changing the meat or adding some fresh vegetables. You could also use the stir-fry mixture in some tortilla wraps if you don't have the ingredients to make the pancakes.
Add garlic, fresh chilli and vegetables such as mushrooms for some extra flavour.
To make this a vegetarian dish, do not include the chicken.
This versatile dish is easily adapted to avoid allergens and be suitable for most diets.