- 45 grams cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices leftover sandwich bread
- 1 egg
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 50 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Crack egg into a bowl. Add salt, black pepper and oregano and whisk with a fork until well-combined.
- Firmly press center of bread slices with fingers to form a slight curve/depth.
- Pour olive oil into center of a baking pan. Place bread slices on the olive oil and move them in circular motion over oily area so they are evenly coated with oil (only the side facing the pan).
- Pour whisked egg mixture onto center of both slices.
- Place cherry tomatoes on all sides of egg mixture.
- Cover tomatoes and egg mixture with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 180˚C for 15 minutes. Serve fresh.